Wednesday, February 21, 2007

 
This frankly sex-positive horoscope comes from Spider (A Spider’s Web in Thornton Park http://richmondspider.wordpress.com/ See the February 15th entry if you want to check out your own) via Lewis's The Spirit of St. Lewis. One or two things I mustn't comment on out of whatever shreds of modesty I have left, but I know for certain that this is, overall, the most accurate horoscope characterization of me I've ever seen.

CANCER:. The Cutie
MOST AMAZING KISSER. Very high sex appeal. Great in bed!!! Love is one of a kind. Very romantic. Most caring person you will ever meet! Entirely creative. Extremely random and proud of it. Freak in bed.
Spontaneous. Great telling stories. Not a Fighter, But will Knock your lights out if it comes down to it. Someone you should hold on to.

I like the stylized Cancer symbol on the left--so reminiscent of 69 and appropriate in a gay man's horoscope.

I'm off to New York City--yes, again--with friends from New London, CT for a concert performance of Francesco Cilea's lovely romantic opera "L'Arlesiana" inspired by the same Alphonse Daudet play that brought Bizet's famed incidental music into being. One interesting aspect of the play and opera is that the title character of this story, "The Girl from Arles" never appears on stage. But her off-stage influence looms large over the lives of everyone involved. I'll be back in time to teach my late morning class on Thursday.

My younger daughter sent this to me the other day. Many of you will probably have seen it elsewhere, but it's cute and fun and those of us who live with cats know only too well how accurate the characterizations are.

Pet Diary Excerpts

The Dog


8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!
9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing!
9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!
10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!
12:00 pm - Milk bones! My favorite thing!
1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!
3:00 pm - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!
5:00 pm - Dinner! My favorite thing!
7:00 pm - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!
8:00 pm - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!
11:00 pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!


The Cat

Day 983 of my captivity. My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre
little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the
other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength. The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them,I once again vomit on the carpet.

Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates my capabilities. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a "good little hunter" I am.

There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of "allergies." I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage.

I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released, and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded. The bird must be an informant. I observe him communicating with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe. For now...


Comments:
the cat and dog diaries were funny. I have never seen that before.
 
I am a Cancer too, and am fond of the 69 logo.
I've had long time suspicion that cats are aliens from outer space, and your journal supports this paranoia.
happily, my cat is dump as a tree stump.
 
ok. revealing too much here - I am a Scorpio and well, hmm, that's very INTERESTING. That's ALL I am going to say in public!

as for the cat diaries - oh man are they great. of course as I am writing this post, my elder cat, Cordelia, tapped on my leg (yes she does) which means she wants to be held - so she is clinging to my left shoulder like a baby.

don't know WHERE she picked this little habit up - it was cute several years and pounds ago. not.as.much.now (especially the claws digging into my shoulder).
oh well, what can you do? i love her anyway.

have a grand time tonight - its WARM down here!
 
Right now, I'm seriously wondering where Chris' cat keeps her diary. That's hilarious.
 
Dogs are part of the family, cats are god.

=)
 
"Shreads of modesty"....oh, please. Your site rocks...i love it...I love the stories and the pics and "where you take us." Thanks! Enjoy the city.
 
Will,

The cat diary is a new high point for your blog.

What's amazing about cats (and they are exactly as you depict them!) is why we humans continue to be attached to them. They are beautiful and elegant, but also detached and generally ungenerous with affection. If you transformed their characteristics to a human, anyone who had developed an emotional attachment to such a person could be easily characterized as a phychological masochist.

Is it that we will take into our lives any animal that can be domesticated? What would that say about the human animal?

(I lived with a cat for 14 years. When she died, I mourned, but I didn't get a new one.)
 
Those horoscopes are quite telling. Have fun in the big city!!

Oh, and that cat looks just like my Chase, I had to do a double-take. Be good!
 
I am a Libra.

I'd comment on the opera but I've a total dumbass in that regard. I've never heard of single one of the characters or music you mentioned. Enjoy your weekend in NYC.

Being owned by a dog: My favourite thing!
 
Hail, Cancer brother. We are the matriarch of the zodiac world.
 
The horoscope said this for me:

Outgoing. Lovable. Spontaneous. Not one to screw with. Erotic. Talkative.
Take you on trips to the moon in bed. Loves to flirt. Excellent kisser EXTREMELY sexy. Loves being in long relationships. Addictive. Loud. best in bed.

Now, about those diaries. Those are great, and they're probably pretty accurate for dogs and cats. Love them! :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?